Welcome to the August 2022 Jewish Book Carnival. I hope you have a chance to check out these interesting links. Thanks for visiting Jewish Books for Kids…and more!
The Jewish Book Carnival is a monthly roundup of Jewish literary links from across the blogosphere. Sponsored by the Association of Jewish Libraries, it is hosted by a different blog each month and shares book reviews, author interviews, essays, and other blog posts about Jewish books. Visit the Jewish Book Carnival HQ for the upcoming schedule, past Carnivals, and to learn how to participate!
- This month on gilagreenwrites, Gila had the pleasure of interviewing author Sally Constain about her debut novel, The Keys to Fanny, that centers around a Jewish girl’s escape to New York.
- On her blog, Book Q&As with Deborah Kalb, Deborah interviewed Michal Babay about her new children’s picture book, The Incredible Shrinking Lunchroom.
- Talia Carner, author of THE THIRD DAUGHTER, was interviewed by Betty Bolte on Betty Bolte’s Musings.
- The much anticipated new release from Sherry V. Ostroff is here! Her new work of historical fiction is set during the Spanish Inquisition. Read Heidi Slowinski’s review, at her self-titled blog.
- At Life Is Like a Library, it’s the Three Weeks (between the Seventeeth of Tammuz and the Ninth of Av), when we read a lot of Holocaust related books.
- The Book of Life podcast features an interview with Pamela Ehrenberg & Tracy López, co-authors of DETOUR AHEAD, a middle grade novel in 2 voices about a white neurodivergent Jewish bat mitzah girl who loves break dancing, and a Salvadoran-American boy who loves poetry, and how the H4 bus brings them together. Also, in case you missed it, check out The Book of Life’s interview with the author and Yiddish translator of You Be You: The Kid’s Guide to Gender, Sexuality, and Family (Zay Getray Zikh Aleyn).
- The Sydney Taylor Shmooze brings you reviews of new Jewish children’s books. Check out Mirele Kessous’ review of I Hate Borsch! written and illustrated by Yevgenia Nayberg, a funny and touching tribute to the author’s Ukranian Jewish heritage.
- Listen to an interview with Lynda Cohen Loigman about The Matchmaker’s Gift on Nice Jewish Books, a podcast about Jewish fiction.
- On her My Machberet blog, Erika Dreifus routinely compiles news of Jewish literary interest. Here’s one recent post.
- Barbara Krasner at The Whole Megillah interviews author Anna Olswanger and illustrator Yevgenia Nayberg about their recently published graphic narrative, A Visit to Moscow.
- Barbara Bietz interviewed her coauthor June Sobel about their new picture book, APPLES, APPLES, ALL YEAR ROUND: A CELEBRATION OF JEWISH HOLIDAYS on Jewish Books for Kids…and more.
Thank you to all the participants. See you next month!
5 thoughts on “Jewish Book Carnival – August 2022”
Thanks so much for hosting!
My pleasure, Erika! Thanks for participating.
Thanks for visiting, Batya!
Comments are closed.