Welcome to the March 2023 Jewish Book Carnival. I hope you have a chance to check out these interesting links. Thanks for visiting Jewish Books for Kids…and More!
The Jewish Book Carnival is a monthly roundup of Jewish literary links from across the blogosphere. Sponsored by the Association of Jewish Libraries, it is hosted by a different blog each month and shares book reviews, author interviews, essays, and other blog posts about Jewish books. Visit the Jewish Book Carnival HQ for the upcoming schedule, past Carnivals, and to learn how to participate!
- On gilagreenwrites, author of Damascus Cover, Howard Kaplan shares valuable advice about location in writing.
- On The Book of Life Podcast, Heidi Rabinowitz interviews Sarah Sassoon about her debut picture book, Shoham’s Bangle. It’s the story of a Jewish family’s escape from Iraq to Israel, based on Sarah’s family history. https://jewishbooks.blogspot.com/2023/02/shohams-bangle.html
- On her blog, Book Q&As with Deborah Kalb, Deborah interviewed Pam Jenoff about her new novel, Code Name Sapphire.
- Shiloh Musings reviewed DECEIT OF AN ALLY by Bruce Brill.
- April Halprin Wayland at Teaching Authors shared a link about her Passover book MORE THAN ENOUGH: https://www.teachingauthors.com/2016/03/more-than-enough-behind-scenes-passover.html
- On her My Machberet blog, Erika Dreifus routinely compiles news of Jewish literary interest. Here’s one recent post.
- The Sydney Taylor Shmooze kicks off this year’s Passover coverage with a review of Under-the-Sea Seder by Ann Koffsky (Apples & Honey Press), reviewed by Lisa Trank. https://www.sydneytaylorshmooze.com/2023/03/review-under-sea-seder.html
- On the Association of Jewish Libraries’ blog, People of the Books, you can read AJL’s statement on the National Library of Israel. https://jewishlibraries.org/ajl-statement-on-the-national-library-of-israel
Thank you to all the participants. See you next month!